-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), a leaf blowing by (this blog), and JaizyMay (current blog) in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2022

that crazy 8th

This last week has been a little too busy, so this is a recap post. Several things happened in my real life the same day the Queen's death announcement rolled out. I'll reshare what I shared on twitter.

First there was the accident that closed traffic in both directions going home from getting groceries. I guess it must not have been serious, like no deaths or something, because I can't find a report, although I'm not looking that hard. It took me an extra hour to get home, and at least a mile of vehicles had to turn around and reroute over at least 30 minutes because the traffic was backing up all the way through town since school had just let out, plus the workshift changes. I got this on zoom before another ambulance showed up. I was wanting to see if the school bus was involved and maybe why so many rescue vehicles, but I never found out.



Then once I got home, I let my chickens out while I hauled groceries in, and in the middle of that, a neighbor's dog played stealth bomb and scared them silly. One got injured (picture) and another is just gone. I know she wound up way down in the woods and the dog running hot after her, so she was either too injured (or killed) to get back home, or so lost she couldn't, in which case something else likely picked her off overnight, between owls, raccoons, foxes, and feral cats. I found the injured one and picked my way down very steep flint full of old leaves and slick clay and carried her back. She's eating and laying and can get on the roost, but her back was bloodied up and her belly looked bruised. She was so stunned that she didn't struggle at all when I picked her up and carried her.



Interestingly, I've made friends with the neighbor over that incident.

Then yesterday I helped Scott stain the front deck, which I enjoyed at the time, but after we put that second coat on, the smell hung around the house like a giant cloud and penetrated everything, and even today it still smells a bit. I'm very sick of stain smell now, plus I'm on the heating pad. 😂 I think I was fine using the brush on the rails and the gate, but I did the second coat on the deck floor with the long roller and now I'm super stiff.

Today is about munching out on homemade salsa and getting the lattice back up around the deck so littlest kiddo can't tumble out through the rails. And gaming. I'm behind in the event quests, as you can imagine.

That's all I feel like writing. I'm super lazy today. See ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment