-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), a leaf blowing by (this blog), and JaizyMay (current blog) in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

magic

 


Lotta rain again this week. 

Very interesting developments in physical therapy. We are finally addressing the very root of everything else that started 40 years ago, the neck injury that started the whole TMJ / trigeminal neuralgia thing, and I can't help laughing that the unremitting intensity I felt on the left side for so many years is now being discovered as secondary to the actual problem on the right side that I couldn't feel at all. The left side is calming down beautifully. The right side is surprisingly 'coming on', like a light switch, and it's like the pain flipped sides. It's not worse at all but surprisingly eye opening what a little bit of hands on can do helping a brain remap what is actually going on after nerve damage.

Yes, I lived with that for 40 years. (edit: therapy notes dx'd my jaw as dislocated) Six therapy sessions and suddenly the pain is ramping down and it's looking like another round of sessions might possibly even resolve this whole issue. Since I'm seasoned with physical therapy work (since 2011) (I can't even imagine what my life would be like right now without all that), I know it's not just magically over, but the simplicity of trained hands on positively changing what decades of doctors never could is magical.



No comments:

Post a Comment